Ceylon Tobacco Company (CTC)

From TobaccoUnmaskedSouth.Asia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sarc-SriLanka.png

Background

Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC) holds the monopoly of cigarette manufacturing and sales in Sri Lanka. It is a subsidiary of British American Tobacco (BAT), which owned 84.13% of the shares in 2018.[1]

CTC is engaged in the complete manufacturing process of cigarettes in Sri Lanka, from tobacco cultivation to cigarette production.[1] CTC owns 99% of the market with the remaining 1% comprising of imported cigarettes.[2] CTC also exports its manufactured cigarettes, which contributes approximately 1% to its overall annual revenue.[1]

The CTC cigarette brands include John Player Gold Leaf (JPGL), Jonh Player Navy Cut, Dunhill, Benson & Hedges and Capstan.[1]

Please visit the TobaccoUnmasked page on Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC) for more details.

CTC in South Asia

CTC exports cigarettes to Maldives and exchange managerial level staff with the British American Tobacco (BAT) subsidiary in Pakistan, Pakistan Tobacco Company.

TUSouth.Asia Resources

Other relevant pages:

External Resources

Notes

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC. Annual Report 2016, 2017, accessed May 2017
  2. N.Arunathilake, M.Opatha, The Economics of Tobacco in Sri Lanka., Economics of Tobacco Control Paper No. 12, Tobacco Free Initiative, World Health Organization, 2003, accessed November 2016